After working with hundreds of families and traveling around the world educating thousands more, Carolyn has finally put together a course that family members can sign up for and take at their own pace to help them deal with the daunting task of supporting and helping their loved one struggling with an eating disorder.
From getting inside the mindset of someone with an eating disorder, to teaching loved ones how to talk back to the eating disorder self and strengthen the healthy self, this course provides the kind of information that Carolyn used to deliver in family groups and sessions at the treatment center she founded and ran for 20 years.
Every family is different but there are some important things to know and understand in order to grasp this complex illness and this course puts family members on the right track, offering a foundation that can then be built on with the specific details of each families’ unique situation.
The course contains over 20 hours of audio, visual and written material, including:
• Information to help you understand eating disorders
• Insight into how a brain hijacked by an eating disorder will interpret certain comments and circumstances
• Specific, actionable tips to help you at various stages of your loved one’s journey
• Guidance on what to say/do and NOT say/do in certain situations
• Information on the types of treatments available
• What to expect during family therapy sessions
• Advice on how to care for yourself as you endure the ups and downs of your loved one’s struggle
• Never before heard audio from inside family sessions with Carolyn
• Interviews with those whose loved ones are now recovered, which contain relatable stories, things they wish they would have done differently, things that worked, turning points and advice they want to pass on to you.
**This course does NOT provide Continuing Education credits. If you would like to earn CE credits for taking this course, please purchase the "Families and Loved Ones (FOR CLINICIANS) version from the course catalog.**